To install Avast Internet Security on your PC, follow these steps:
- Download the offline installer for Avast Internet Security by clicking the button below:
...and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your Windows desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_internet_security_setup_offline.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- Click Install to proceed with default installation.
- Select Customize to proceed with custom installation.
- Click Change to manually select the location to save Avast Internet Security program files, then select or deselect program components to install, and click Install.
- Click I have already bought this product if you purchased a license (or click Continue if you are installing a 30-day trial or want to activate your product later).
- Type (or copy/paste) your activation code into the text box, then click Continue.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, click the relevant option according to your preference.
- When a network is detected, use the slider to select a Firewall mode:
...then click OK.
- Private: if you trust the network (for example, your home network).
- Public: if the network is publicly shared (for example, the network at a cafe or airport).
Avast Internet Security is now installed on your PC and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the Avast system tray icon on your Windows taskbar or the Avast icon on your Windows desktop.
If you did not activate Avast Internet Security during installation, refer to the following articles for instructions: