Using the Avast Uninstall Utility is the most reliable uninstallation method as it removes all program files from your system. If you prefer to uninstall Avast using the Windows Control Panel, read the following article:
After you complete the steps in this article, your PC will no longer be protected by Avast against malware and other threats.
Before you begin, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and no other programs are running in Windows.
- Right-click the link below, and select Save link as... or Save target as...:
For computers based on old processors without SSE2
support, download the following file:
Select a familiar location to save the file (for example, your desktop) and click Save.
- Right-click the downloaded
avastclear.exe file, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes when the Avast Antivirus Clear dialog prompts you to restart your Windows in Safe Mode.
- When in Safe Mode, select the location of the Avast program files (the default installation destination is automatically selected) and the product edition to uninstall, then click Uninstall.
Ensure the progress screen remains open until uninstallation is complete.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click Restart computer to complete the uninstallation.
After your PC restarts, Avast Antivirus is completely removed from your PC.
To reinstall your preferred version of Avast Antivirus, refer to the relevant article: