Support: Uninstalling other antivirus software
Uninstalling other antivirus software
Before installing Avast Antivirus software, ensure no other antivirus software including expired or trial versions are installed on your PC. When multiple antivirus programs are installed on one PC, conflicts such as false-positive detections, performance degradation, and system instability occur.
Refer to the alphabetical list below to access the websites of common antivirus programs for uninstallation instructions. If the antivirus program you are trying to uninstall is not in the list, refer to the program's support website.
The following links direct you to support articles on the websites of other antivirus software providers. Avast is not responsible for any of the content on the linked web pages.
Most vendors offer special removal tools to completely uninstall their antivirus software from your system. If available, such tools are the preferred mode of uninstallation because uninstalling programs via the Windows Control Panel may leave files behind which prevent Avast Antivirus from being installed correctly.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)