Avast Antivirus: Getting the setup log file if your installation fails
How to get the setup log file when Avast Antivirus fails to install
When you contact Avast support to report that Avast Antivirus failed to install on your PC, you may be requested to provide a setup log file for further analysis. You can access the setup log from the Avast Setup wizard when you are notified of the error, then copy it to Notepad and save it as a text file.
Follow the quick or detailed steps in this article to obtain the setup log file so that Avast support can help you resolve the problem.
- Click View setup log to open Log Viewer.
- Change the Verbosity setting to Debug and click Copy to clipboard.
- Paste the file into Notepad and save it with the name SetupLog.txt.
- Compress the SetupLog.txt file and send it to Avast support as an attachment.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition