Avast Antivirus: Backing up and restoring customized settings
How to back up and restore customized settings
You can back up customized settings and restore them if necessary, for example, if you reinstall an operating system or upgrade your PC. The backup and restore options for customized settings are available in every version of Avast Antivirus.
Back up customized settings
To back up your settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Avast user interface and go to Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen and click Back up settings.
- In the Back up settings dialog, select the components with customized settings that you want to back up, and click Continue.
- In the Windows Explorer dialog, select the location where you want to save the backup file, and click Save.
- Click OK when the Avast Information dialog indicates that you have successfully exported your customized settings.
Your customized settings are now stored in a backup file.
Restore customized settings
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit