Support: Upload files requested by Avast Support to Avast FTP server
How to upload files requested by Avast Support to Avast FTP server
When contacting Avast Support with a technical issue or malware issue, you may be asked to upload a specific files from your computer to the Avast FTP server for further analysis. To do so, please follow these steps:
Compressing files requested by Avast Support to a password protected archive
Before uploading requested files to Avast FTP server please compress them to an archive (zip, rar, 7z...) protected by the password
If you do not know how to compress a file to an archive, follow the steps below.
- Download and run the installer for 7-Zip from www.7-zip.org to install the free file archiver on your computer.
- Select and right-click all requested files, and from the context menu select: 7-Zip → Add to archive.
- Under the heading Archive enter a unique filename, such as your e-mail address, to identify your archive on our FTP server.
- Under the heading Encryption enter the password
- Click OK to create the compressed archive.
- The compressed archive will be located in the same folder as the files you selected to compress.
If you have any issues with compressing the files flagged by Avast Antivirus
as suspicious, try to temporarily disable Avast active protection, i.e. right-click on the Avast orange ball icon
in the system tray, and from the menu select: Avast shields control
→ Disable for 10 minutes
Uploading an archive with files requested by Avast Support to Avast FTP server
After compressing the requested files to a password protected archive, you can upload the archive to our Avast FTP server:
...with any FTP client software using the following parameters:
|File Transfer Protocol
||Used by default
||Avast FTP server
||Used by default
||Arbitrary username and password
||Upload folder on Avast FTP server
- This FTP is not automatically checked, you must notify support staff to locate your files. Upload only the files requested by Avast Support.
- You have write-only privileges in this FTP directory, so you will not see any content or your uploaded file.
If you do not have FTP software, follow the steps below.
- Download and run the installer for WinSCP from http://www.winscp.net to install free FTP client software on your computer (keep the setup defaults while installing).
- Double-click the WinSCP icon on your Windows Desktop to run the FTP client.
- On the WinSCP Login screen change File protocol to FTP, fill in the credentials from the table above, and click Login to connect to Avast FTP server.
- When the connection to Avast FTP server is established, double-click the incoming folder on the right side of the WinSCP screen.
- Locate the archive with requested files on the left side of the WinSCP screen, right-click on it, and select Upload... from the context menu.
- Click OK to upload the archive to the incoming folder on Avast FTP server.
Providing Avast Support with the filename and password of uploaded archive
Please, do not forgot to send a reply to Avast Support with the filename and password of the archive you uploaded to Avast FTP server. Otherwise we cannot locate your archive on our FTP server and analyze your files.
If you are not already in contact with Avast, submit a ticket to the Avast Support Team to notify support staff that you are uploading files to the Avast FTP server. Include the following details in your message:
- All available Avast software
- All supported operating systems