Avast Antivirus: Managing HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
How to manage HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
HTTPS scanning is a component of Web Shield in Avast Antivirus which protects your computer against malware delivered by TLS and SSL encrypted HTTPS traffic when you browse the web. This feature is enabled by default, but you can disable it in the Web Shield settings.
If you disable HTTPS scanning, any malware delivered by HTTPS traffic will be hidden by TLS/SSL encryption and your computer will be more vulnerable to threats.
To configure HTTPS scanning in Avast Antivirus please follow these quick steps:
- Open the Avast user interface → select Settings.
- Select Components → click Customize next to Web Shield.
- Select Main settings → check/uncheck Enable HTTPS scanning to turn this feature on/off.
- Avast Premier 12.x
- Avast Internet Security 12.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 12.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 12.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate