Avast Antivirus: Managing Secure DNS
How to manage Secure DNS
Secure DNS in Avast Antivirus protects you against DNS (Domain Name System) hijacking where a malicious program redirects you from a URL with a verified IP address to a fake website designed to acquire any sensitive login information and credit card details you type. This feature is enabled by default, but you can disable it in the Avast settings.
For more information about Secure DNS, please read the following article:
To configure Secure DNS in Avast Antivirus please follow these quick steps:
- Open the Avast user interface → select Settings.
- Select Components → switch Secure DNS on or off.
- Avast Premier 12.x
- Avast Internet Security 12.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 12.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate