Avast Passwords: Synchronizing Passwords
How to Synchronize Passwords with Avast Account
When you use Avast Passwords to manage your data, you may find it useful to synchronize the data on multiple devices with Avast Passwords installed.
Synchronizing the first device
Once you are logged in, a synchronization group is automatically created and your device starts synchronizing. After your device is synchronized with the account, you receive an email confirmation with details about how to restore your backup.
The password for accessing and restoring the backup is the same as the Main Password for the current device (the first device added to the synchronization group.)
Synchronizing subsequent devices
Turning off synchronization
You can remove one or more devices from the group at any time by turning off synchronization. However, this means you will lose all Passwords data on the device.
All passwords stored locally in the app will be deleted. However, you can still regain access to the synchronization group:
- If there are other devices still in the group, you can add the device again.
- If there are no devices in the group, you can restore a backup of the data.
Restoring a backup
You may need to restore a backup of your passwords data in case you no longer have access to any of the devices in the original group.
You must perform these steps from the device that you want to restore to the synchronization group. If you uninstalled Avast Passwords install it again and configure a new vault before you proceed.
- Avast Passwords
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Android 4.1 and higher
- iOS 8 and higher