Avast Passwords: Synchronizing Passwords
How to synchronize Passwords with your Avast Account
To make accessing your online accounts easier, synchronize the data stored in Avast Passwords across all of your devices using your Avast Account. Before you begin, ensure Avast Passwords is installed on each of the devices you want to synchronize your Passwords data with.
Synchronize the first device
A confirmation appears. If this device is the first device you want to synchronize, no further actions are required. Your device begins synchronizing your Passwords data immediately.
After the first device is synchronized, you will receive an email confirmation (in the email account registered to your Avast Account) with the subject line Your backup identity. This email contains instructions for restoring a backup of your Passwords. To authorize Passwords synchronization with further devices, you can use the newly synchronized device.
The password for accessing and restoring the backup is the same as the Master Password for the current device (the first synchronized device).
Synchronize subsequent devices
Turn off synchronization
You can remove one or more devices from a synchronization group at any time by turning off synchronization. When you turn off synchronization for one of your devices, all Passwords data, including locally stored passwords, is completely removed from the device.
You can regain access to a synchronization group in the following ways:
- If the group contains one or more of your other devices, you can add the device again.
- If the group no longer contains any of your devices, you can restore a backup of the data.
Self-authorize your device
If you do not have access to any of your previously synchronized devices and are therefore unable to authorize synchronization with a new device, restore a backup of your Passwords data to self-authorize your device. For more information read the following article:
- Avast Passwords
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Apple Mac OS X 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- Android 4.1 and higher
- iOS 8 and higher