Avast Antivirus: Transferring a subscription to another PC
How to transfer a subscription to another PC
If you need to transfer your subscription from one PC to another, firstly uninstall the software from the original PC and remove the device from your Avast Account. Then, you can activate your license on the alternative PC.
To complete the steps in this article, you need an Avast Account connected to the email address you used to purchase your subscription. If you have not already created an Avast Account, refer to the following article:
Your Avast Antivirus subscription is valid for use on the number of PCs you specify when you purchase your product. For example, if you purchase a subscription for three PCs, you can use the license on three PCs.
To transfer a subscription from one PC to another, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Avast from the PC you no longer want to use your subscription on using the Windows Control Panel.
For more information read the following article:
- Log into your Avast Account and, in the Devices section, click the name of the PC you no longer want to use your subscription on.
- In the information pane that appears, click the Settings button.
- Click Delete from account, then click OK to confirm the deletion.
After you confirm the deletion, you won't be able to recover any lost information.
- Install and activate the relevant product on the PC you now want to use your subscription on. Select your product for more information:
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home / Professional / Media Center Edition