Avast Antivirus: Upgrading from an older version of Avast Free Antivirus
How to upgrade to Avast Free Antivirus from an older version
If you are running an older version of Avast Free Antivirus, you can easily upgrade your Avast Free Antivirus to the latest version.
Before you begin ensure that you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and all other programs are closed. Close this screen to complete the upgrade process.
- Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray. In the context menu, scroll over Update and then select Program.
- Click Restart now to reboot your PC immediately.
- When the PC restarts an information screen appears about the new version.
Avast Free Antivirus is then updated to the latest version. Your protection is valid for the remaining period of your registration.
For instructions to register, read the following article:
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition