Before you begin the installation, ensure that you are logged in with administrator permissions, all other programs and internet browsers are closed, and any previous antivirus software is uninstalled.
To install Avast Free Mac Security, follow these steps:
- Download the Avast Free Mac Security setup file using the link below, and save it in a familiar location.
- Locate the
avast_free_mac_security.dmg setup file and double-click it to run the file.
- Select the Avast Mac Security setup icon to begin installation and click Continue if asked whether you want to continue.
- Click Agree to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the Avast End User License Agreement.
- Review the additional protection features and untick any boxes according to your preferences. Then, click Continue.
Avast Browser Extensions cannot be installed when certain browsers are running. If a browser is running during setup, you are notified to quit the browser(s) to complete installation.
- Review the installation details. To make changes, click Change install location or Customize, then click Install.
- Type your administrator Name and Password, and click Install Software to confirm installation. When installation is complete, a confirmation appears.
- Close the confirmation screen and the initial setup screen in the background to exit setup.
Avast Free Mac Security is now installed and ready to use. Access the Avast user interface via the Avast menu bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen, or the orange shortcut icon within Applications.
To connect Avast Mac Security to your Avast Account, sign into your Avast Account via the Account tab of Avast Free Mac Security.