Avast Antivirus: Activating Avast Internet Security with a license file
How to activate Avast Internet Security with a purchased license file
When you purchase Avast Internet Security, an order confirmation email containing your license file is sent to the email address you provide during the purchase. Follow the steps in this article to activate Avast Internet Security using your license file after installing the software on your PC.
If you have not already installed Avast Internet Security on your PC, refer to the steps in the following article:
If you received an activation code instead of a license file, refer to the following article:
If you are unable to locate your license file, you can request a copy
- Open the Avast order confirmation email, then download and open the attached
- In the dialog that appears, click Activate to insert the license file.
- Click OK.
To insert your license file into Avast Internet Security automatically, follow the Preferred method instructions. If you encounter an error inserting the file, or prefer to save the file to a specified location on your PC, follow the Alternative method instructions.
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit