Avast Battery Saver for Windows
Avast Battery Saver gives your laptop up to 32% more battery life by stopping energy drainers.
More fuel for your digital life
We’ve all had that moment: you’re just getting to the end of that all-important document or exciting movie –– and your battery dies. Now you can get the most out of your laptop battery with Avast Battery Saver for Windows.
Regulate PC performance
Auto-adjust your display
Turn off power-drainers
Best of all, it works automatically
When you’re unplugged, we automatically preserve your battery.
You may still be wondering...
What are the system requirements for Avast Battery Saver?
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions).
- 256 MB RAM or above.
- 400 MB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 600 pixels is recommended.
How does Avast Battery Saver improve battery life?
To block unnecessary power drains and improve your PC’s battery life, Avast Battery Saver applies the following actions:
- Lowers processor frequency
- Optimizes display settings
- Disables Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (only if these functions are not in use).
To specify exactly what actions Avast Battery Saver applies to extend battery life, enable and configure the Custom profile.
NOTE:You can adjust device behavior while any profile is selected via the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Brightness tiles at the bottom of the application dashboard.
Will Avast Battery Saver reduce system performance?
Depending which Battery Saver profile is enabled, Avast Battery Saver may reduce your processor speed to extend battery life. When working with office applications or browsing the web, you should not notice a difference. If you need more performance at the cost of battery life, you can tweak the performance level in our Settings menu.
- Custom: The effect on system performance depends on your customized settings. To adjust processor performance when the Custom profile is enabled, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Custom mode ▸ Hardware and devices ▸ Processor performance. For more information about configuring your Custom profile settings, refer to the article below:
- Maximum: This profile prioritizes maximum power savings, so you may notice a slight decrease in processor speed while it is enabled. You cannot customize the Maximum profile.
Can I use Avast Battery Saver on multiple devices or platforms?
Avast Battery Saver is currently only available for PCs running Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and higher. You cannot use the product on more than one device simultaneously, however, you can transfer your subscription from one device to another.
Can I transfer my subscription to another device?
Yes. To transfer your subscription to another device:
- 1. Uninstall Avast Battery Saver from the previous device.
- 2. Install Avast Battery Saver on the new device.
- 3. Activate Avast Battery saver on the new device.
What else can I do to improve my PC’s performance?
Expert tips to get more battery life out of your PC
Find out what bloatware means for your smartphone or laptop, and how to remove bloatware from affected devices.
In desperate need of a computer cleanup? Check out these 5 ways to clean up your PCs hard drive for better long-term system performance and disk space.
Computer running slow? There's a solution! Discover how to speed up a slow PC and improve computer performance.
Slow phone data and internet speed is a huge inconvenience, especially when you're on the go. Discover quick tips to boost your phone's internet speed here.
Temporary files taking up space? Find out how to access and delete temporary files in Windows 10, 8 & 7 via Windows Temp folder and Disk Cleanup.
Formatting your hard drive is recommended if you're selling your computer or setting up an external drive. Learn how to format a hard drive on a PC or Mac.
Looking for a definition of rootkits or rootkit removal advice? Learn what rootkits are, what they do, and how to find and remove rootkits here.
Spoofing is when a hacker disguises themselves as a trusted source, often on emails, phone calls, or websites. Learn how to detect and prevent spoofing attacks.