More fuel for your digital life
We’ve all had that moment: you’re just getting to the end of that all-important document or exciting movie –– and your battery dies. Now you can get the most out of your laptop battery with Avast Battery Saver for Windows.
Regulate PC performance
Auto-adjust your display
Turn off power-drainers
Best of all, it works automatically
When you’re unplugged, we automatically preserve your battery.
How to install
2. Open the file
3. Install the file
256 MB RAM or above.
400 MB free space on the hard disk.An internet connection is needed to download and install the program.
Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 600 pixels is recommended.
You may still be wondering...
How does Avast Battery Saver improve battery life?
To block unnecessary power drains and improve your PC’s battery life, Avast Battery Saver applies the following actions:
- Lowers processor frequency
- Optimizes display settings
- Disables Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (only if these functions are not in use).
To specify exactly what actions Avast Battery Saver applies to extend battery life, enable and configure the Custom profile.
NOTE:You can adjust device behavior while any profile is selected via the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Brightness tiles at the bottom of the application dashboard.
Will Avast Battery Saver reduce system performance?
Depending which Battery Saver profile is enabled, Avast Battery Saver may reduce your processor speed to extend battery life. When working with office applications or browsing the web, you should not notice a difference. If you need more performance at the cost of battery life, you can tweak the performance level in our Settings menu.
- Custom: The effect on system performance depends on your customized settings. To adjust processor performance when the Custom profile is enabled, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Custom mode ▸ Hardware and devices ▸ Processor performance. For more information about configuring your Custom profile settings, refer to the article below:
- Maximum: This profile prioritizes maximum power savings, so you may notice a slight decrease in processor speed while it is enabled. You cannot customize the Maximum profile.
Can I use Avast Battery Saver on multiple devices or platforms?
Can I transfer my subscription to another device?
Yes. To transfer your subscription to another device:
- 1. Uninstall Avast Battery Saver from the previous device.
- 2. Install Avast Battery Saver on the new device.
- 3. Activate Avast Battery saver on the new device.
What else can I do to improve my PC’s performance?
Expert tips to get more battery life out of your PC
Find out what bloatware is, what are examples of bloatware apps, and how to find bloatware on your PC, Mac, Android phone, or iPhone.
In desperate need of a computer cleanup? Check out these 5 ways to clean up your PCs hard drive for better long-term system performance and disk space.
Wondering why your computer is running slow? There's a solution! Discover how to speed up a slow PC and improve computer performance.
Wondering why your internet speed is slow? Learn how to improve your internet connection right now, whether you're on Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Booting your Mac in safe mode can help you troubleshoot issues, test hardware, and resolve startup problems. Find out how in this guide.
Closely monitor your CPU temperature to keep your device performing at its best. We'll show you how to check your CPU temperature on a Windows PC.
Tor Browser is a tool for anonymous web browsing. Find out how Tor works, if it’s safe, and how to use it on your laptop and mobile device.
Experiencing lag while gaming? Find out how to optimize your Windows PC for gaming and increase FPS to boost overall gaming performance.