More fuel for your digital life
We’ve all had that moment: you’re just getting to the end of that all-important document or exciting movie –– and your battery dies. Now you can get the most out of your laptop battery with Avast Battery Saver for Windows.
Regulate PC performance
Auto-adjust your display
Turn off power-drainers
Best of all, it works automatically
When you’re unplugged, we automatically preserve your battery.
You may still be wondering...
What are the system requirements for Avast Battery Saver?
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions).
- 256 MB RAM or above.
- 400 MB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 600 pixels is recommended.
How does Avast Battery Saver improve battery life?
To block unnecessary power drains and improve your PC’s battery life, Avast Battery Saver applies the following actions:
- Lowers processor frequency
- Optimizes display settings
- Disables Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (only if these functions are not in use).
To specify exactly what actions Avast Battery Saver applies to extend battery life, enable and configure the Custom profile.
NOTE:You can adjust device behavior while any profile is selected via the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Brightness tiles at the bottom of the application dashboard.
Will Avast Battery Saver reduce system performance?
Depending which Battery Saver profile is enabled, Avast Battery Saver may reduce your processor speed to extend battery life. When working with office applications or browsing the web, you should not notice a difference. If you need more performance at the cost of battery life, you can tweak the performance level in our Settings menu.
- Custom: The effect on system performance depends on your customized settings. To adjust processor performance when the Custom profile is enabled, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Custom mode ▸ Hardware and devices ▸ Processor performance. For more information about configuring your Custom profile settings, refer to the article below:
- Maximum: This profile prioritizes maximum power savings, so you may notice a slight decrease in processor speed while it is enabled. You cannot customize the Maximum profile.
Can I use Avast Battery Saver on multiple devices or platforms?
Can I transfer my subscription to another device?
Yes. To transfer your subscription to another device:
- 1. Uninstall Avast Battery Saver from the previous device.
- 2. Install Avast Battery Saver on the new device.
- 3. Activate Avast Battery saver on the new device.
What else can I do to improve my PC’s performance?
Get browser tips and advice straight from the experts
Find out what bloatware is, what are examples of bloatware apps, and how to find bloatware on your PC, Mac, Android phone, or iPhone.
In desperate need of a computer cleanup? Check out these 5 ways to clean up your PCs hard drive for better long-term system performance and disk space.
Wondering why your computer is running slow? There's a solution! Discover how to speed up a slow PC and improve computer performance.
A CPU stress test helps monitor your PC's performance and stability, helps you know how to overclock safely. Learn how to test your CPU.
Find out what the most common types of junk files are, why they can be a problem, and how to remove them safely.
Having your home router hacked is a serious situation. Learn how to change DNS settings on your router and protect against DNS hijacking.
Learn what a disaster recovery plan (DRP) is and why it's crucial for businesses. Then learn how best to implement your IT disaster recovery plan.
What is a wildcard certificate or a wildcard SSL, how do they work, and what are the benefits? Learn all about wildcard SSLs in our guide.