Research Participant Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions (referred to as the “Research Terms”) set forth the terms of an Agreement by which you, ( “You”, “Your” or “Participant”) and Gen Digital Inc., with its registered seat at 60 East Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, Arizona, USA (“Gen”) and its affiliates, may participate from time to time in any Gen online product research, as further defined in section 4 below (“Research”). If You are not at least 18 years of age You may not participate in a Research. Gen reserves the right to change these Research Terms, modify or end the Research program, at any time without notice.
- These Research Terms govern Your inclusion to the Gen’s email database and participation in a Research.
- For the purpose of the Research, Gen will gather feedback from the Participant relating to Gen and its competitors’ products and services. The Research results may be used by Gen to generate ideas concerning the enhancement of the end user experience which may ultimately benefit Gen’s wider-customer base. Such Research shall be conducted either by telephone or through an online interface.
- Available Research shall be communicated via email to the Participant, together with specific information about the Research in question. It is the Participant’s decision whether or not to participate in any such Research.
- The Participant is not entitled to any reward, remuneration or reimbursement, including for possible expenses, or otherwise in relation to the Research, unless this is explicitly agreed with the Participant.
- In consideration of your participation in the Research and acceptance of these Research Terms, you hereby assign to Gen all right, title and interest you have in and to all results of your Research.
- By accepting the Research Terms, in case of a phone or a video interview, the Participant agrees that upon notification Gen may create an image of its likeness, video and/or audio recording concerning the Participant, or its expressions of personal nature (all the "Recordings"). Such Recordings will be used for Gen’s internal purposes only. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that no fees, remuneration, or reward for such Recordings shall be made by Gen.
- The Participant may terminate the Research Terms at any time by providing notice by email to: email@example.com requesting its termination.
- Any information provided to the Participant for the purpose of the Research shall be kept confidential by the Participant (“Confidential Information”). You agree not to use, disclose or publish any Confidential Information for any other purpose other than completing the Research you have accepted and submitting such Research to Gen. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may disclose Confidential Information to the extent required by a court of competent jurisdiction or other applicable governmental authority or as required by applicable law. This duty of confidentiality is perpetually binding upon the Participant. The Participant shall not use the Confidential Information to their advantage or to the advantage of third parties. You agree and acknowledge that your breach or threatened breach of this Section may result in irreparable harm to Gen, for which money damages would be an insufficient remedy, and therefore Gen will be entitled to seek injunctive relief to enforce the provisions of this Section. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL GEN AND ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER, WITHOUT REGARD TO CAUSE OR THEORY OF LIABILITY; ANY DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF PRIVACY, ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR LOSS (INCLUDING ANY CORRUPTION, DEGRADATION OR UNAVAILABILITY) OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY NATURE (WHETHER OR NOT ANY OF THE FOREGOING LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENDITURE ARE DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES). IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GEN AND ITS AFFILIATES TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RESEARCH EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (I) FIVE U.S. DOLLARS (US$5.00). NOTHING IN THESE RESEARCH TERMS WILL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY GEN OR PARTICIPANTS LIABILITY FOR ANY MATTER THAT MAY NOT OTHERWISE BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
- In the event any documents, instructions, discs or other media, lists, guides, aids, plans, software and other materials, items and recorded information are provided to the Participant in relation to the Research (“Materials”), the Participant shall return to Gen all such Materials upon Research completion.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. All disputes arising from this Agreement will be resolved by the English courts having local jurisdiction and jurisdiction over the matter.
- The Participant’s provision of personal data is necessary to enter into the Research Terms and participate in the Research. If the Participant agrees to participate in the Research, its responses, comments and timestamp will be collected and stored by Gen for the period of up to 3 years after the Research. After that, personal data from the Research will be deleted or anonymized.
- Upon Gen’s specific request, the Participant may also consent to the use of certain of its personal data from particular Research by Gen for marketing activities related to product promotion.
- The Participant’s personal data may be shared with members of the Gen Group and Gen’s service providers for the purpose of developing existing and future products based on the legitimate interests of the Gen Group.
- The Participant will obtain offers to participate in the Research based on the analysis of the Participant’s personal data.
- Information about the right of information and access to data, correction of inaccurate data, restriction and objection to processing or deletion of data, the complaint process and for other information on personal data processing can be found in Gen Digital Global Privacy Statement, or you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.