Automatically scans over 25 million drivers for peak PC performance
Fewer device problems
Driver Updater detects old, corrupt, missing, or outdated drivers, fixes bugs and vulnerabilities, and backs up and restores current drivers.
Vulnerable drivers are a significant security risk
Drivers are programs and programs can sometimes be faulty or contain security gaps. These gaps can be exploited by attackers to access your data or make changes to your operating system. Driver Updater scans for weaknesses, identifies outdated or broken drivers, and notifies users as soon as a secure update is available.
70% less crashing and freezing
Faulty and old drivers are the top cause of crashes, freezes, and bluescreens. Driver Updater finds the latest driver versions for max stability and fewer bugs, connection problems, mouse or printer issues, and more.
Quickly fix sound, printer, and network issues
No sound coming from your speakers? Wi-Fi constantly dropping? Printer suddenly not working? Driver Updater eliminates these interruptions.
All-new design and engine
Our redesigned interface makes it simple to scan and install drivers in just a few clicks, while our new driver engine scans in real-time to make sure you have the latest drivers. Drivers are installed one at a time to avoid hardware conflicts.
Solve driver issues quickly
Like any piece of software on rare occasions, Drivers can contain manufacturing defects or clash with pre-existing software on your device. This can affect sound, graphics, streaming, and other accessories, and it can be tough to identify which drivers are causing issues.
The new troubleshooting helper guides you step-by-step in reverting back to the previous working version of specific drivers, based on the type of issues you’re experiencing and when they started. It’s a quick and easy way to solve issues and enjoy full performance again after a driver glitch.
Seamlessly install drivers from more than 1,300 major brands
Our one-click scan makes it easy to find the drivers you need for your printer, scanner, camera, speakers, keyboard, router, and other devices.
Do you really need a driver updater?
Why choose Avast Driver Updater?
How do I check for driver updates?
- Open up your start menu
- Type “Device Manager”. Click Device Manager.
- Here you’ll see a list of all the different device categories on your device. Click the arrow next to one category to see all the devices.
- Right-click the device and click Update Driver.
- On the next screen, you’ll want to click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for every device and driver on your PC.
Can updating drivers cause any problems?
- You try to update a driver manually and you don’t know what you’re doing. This is particularly likely if you try to manually update a driver with the wrong update, circumventing Microsoft’s own automatic driver search detailed in question three.
- If the manufacturer of the driver accidentally released a flawed update for their driver that introduces more problems than it fixes, or has other unforeseen bugs and incompatibilities. Fortunately, Avast Driver Updater can help in both of these instances: our automatic scans and updates prevent any human error, and our unique driver rollback feature allows us to quickly undo any driver updates that are problematic, bringing you back to an older, more stable version of the driver.
Does updating drivers increase FPS?
So while Avast Driver Updater can help, if you really want to improve your FPS, we suggest overclocking your GPU.
Loaded with features
Windows 11; Windows 10, except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
A Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE3 instructions)
1 GB RAM or above
1 GB free space on the hard disk
An internet connection is needed to download and install the program
Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended
The PC driver solution for enhanced performance and connectivity
Keep your devices running smoothly with our expert tips
Looking to update your device drivers for your Windows PC? Find out how to update automatically, how to update individual drivers, or manually install updates.
Updating your graphics driver can boost your GPU performance, and even give you new features, all for free. Here's how to do it automatically.
Keep your pictures, games, and videos looking their best. We'll show you how to update the graphics driver on your Windows PC, step by step.
If you want to prevent audio issues, you should regularly update audio drivers. This article will show you how to update sound drivers on Windows.
Find out what graphics card you have and monitor its health on a Windows PC. Learn how to check your graphics card in a few simple steps.
Having your home router hacked is a serious situation. Learn how to change DNS settings on your router and protect against DNS hijacking.
Experiencing lag while gaming? Find out how to optimize your Windows PC for gaming and increase FPS to boost overall gaming performance.
Learn what a disaster recovery plan (DRP) is and why it's crucial for businesses. Then learn how best to implement your IT disaster recovery plan.